Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Friday, July 3, 2015

Children are grown, so now what....

Starting to realize that life after raising my children is a little tricky. I was that person that knew what I wanted in life and being a mother was at the top of my list. Now, that I am no longer needed as a taxi driver... time is on my side.
I once was asked, " what are you going to do when your girls are grown ?" a little more was added with that question sounding like I was viewed as someone that would have no life after raising my girls. Which, I guess to most I put that picture out there for everyone to see. In the back of my mind, I wanted to raise my children knowing I always would be there.
I always felt like my time would be after they are grown.. and it has. I recently started drinking wine to relax. I started blogging for self fulfillment, since I wanted to be a writer when I was young. My blog helps put the puzzle piece together. Our monthly book club is something that is for me and I am going back to my love of books. My outer self would have been a total book and movie geek and I never lost that, I put it aside for a while. Now, is the time to put all my pieces together and find out what I want out of life or what I can contribute. I will never regret giving 100% to raising my children, it's just when you do that... don't lose who you are. Think about something to laugh about everyday, love hard, and say to yourself....YOU GOT THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment