Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My easy Pancit recipe

I was so happy to hear that my friend cooked my recipe from my last post chicken pot pie, she asked me if I could post another recipe.  So I thought about Pancit, I cooked that this weekend for my daughter's 20th birthday dinner. I had help on this one from my sis in law and I want to apologize to her before hand, I probably changed the recipe a lot. After cooking for my family for 22 yrs. I am now trying to find fast and simple ways to cook. My beautiful sister in law is Filipino and introduced this dish to us many years ago, her and my brother would cook lumpias on the side with this dish. I just served ready cooked egg rolls on the side. I love the meaning behind Pancit, which is Good Luck and Long Life and I thought it would be perfect for my daughter's dinner. Don't forget to have your favorite sauces on the side like sweet and sour sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 bag of Rice Noodles
1 cup of sliced celery
1 cup of shredded carrots
2 cups of diced chicken breast
2 cups of small cooked frozen shrimp ( fresh and large shrimp will do, just cook and set aside first)
Soy and Oyster Sauce ( there is a pancit seasoning packet you can use, have to buy at a Asian store)

( you can add snapped peas and shredded cabbage and other veggies, since I was making it for my daughter I did not add to many veggies)
my sliced celery
 

I boiled water and took it off the stove and let the noodles soak until they were soft, I then drained and set them aside
I used soy and oyster sauce until I got the desired taste.

cook chicken and then set aside in a bowl

stir fried veggies

added the shrimp to veggies for a couple of minutes and then added the chicken

added the drained noodles and soy and oyster sauce til I got the desired taste

I quadrupled the recipe to fill 2 of these containers. I served with egg rolls and it was a delicious dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release Blitz for His Pregnant Secretary by Joanne Rock

  Title: Little Secrets: His Pregnant Secretary Series: The McNeill Magnates #4 Author: Joanne Rock Genre: Contemporar...