Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Monday, September 15, 2014

Family time at Baffin Bay (Cast & Stay Cabins)


My family loves to spend a weekend out of the year at these cabins and we have been visiting them for close to 10 years. There are some years that I skip and stay home with my daughter Selena, this year I really needed the peace and relaxation of this place. I read a book that I downloaded on my tablet and have not found the time to read at home. I even walked the pier and did some fishing, my arthritis was acting up so walking the pier was quite the challenge. My family didn't even seem to mind the rain and it poured. On the second night, we had heavy rains which ended up causing a black out. It is funny how we could not come up with one scary story but trying made for some good laughs. It was really nice to take some time and unplug from everything, some of us had bad phone service so we had no choice. I did not mind it at all, it cleared my mind for awhile. I noticed as soon as I walked in the door of my home, I went into crazy, tired and frustrated mode. I miss the sound of the breeze and water, I wish I would have recorded that sound. 

This is the first view I love to see when we arrive


our private pier for the cabins
the first thing I like to do when I get to the cabins or just any motel that we stay at while on vacation is Lysol the beds and lay my king size sheet over the whole bed, I include covering their pillows. I then put my blanket and pillows so I can have a good nights rest without worrying about what I am sleeping on.
This is the cabana
I caught this one

Me fishing


The front of the cabin

We ended up getting rain, but that did not put a damper on the weekend


My father-in-law fishing
My nephew Nathaniel in his domain, this young man loves to fish


my view from the cabin, I rolled up the blinds so I could look at this while I rested in the cabin.


2 queen beds and 2 sets of bunk beds


our little kitchen and dining area


The beautiful area in back of the cabin





We had a awesome time




No comments:

Post a Comment