Books and Wine

Books and Wine

Friday, August 15, 2014

My diy patio light

I know the title of my blog highlights movies and tv shows and I will be posting about that, because that is a big part of my life. I have other interest so my blog will have a mix of things.
Awhile back the hubby said our patio needed a light, I have looked around and I have not found what I like and what I like is expensive.
Two weeks ago I decluttered my kitchen and found this wire basket that looks like a pitcher. I was going to donate it to goodwill or have a yard sale with all the stuff I took out of my kitchen, I still need to declutter each room.
Anyway, I started to think about how much I like this basket and where else I could use it in the house. I ended up using this old metal outside light I had bought for $5 years ago. I trimmed  all around the edges of the metal part til I had the size I wanted and inserted in the opening of the pitcher.  I secured it so that the lightbulb part would not fall out and then hung it up and I am happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment